Barcelona - DevOps - Full time
About the job
Your main function will be to automate our infrastructure both cloud and baremetal based on Kubernetes. Maintain connectivity and automate application delivery from software teams.
You should feel comfortable working in a very dynamic multi-cloud environment. Have decision-making capacity and be able to make decisions.
In terms of personality, we are looking for someone who works well in a team, can teach and learn from others, and maintain fluid communication about the tasks that are being carried out.
You will have to feel comfortable adapting, supporting the rest of the team and you can definitely expect:
- Automation of processes for software deployment.
- Systems monitoring.
- Management of security, firewall, and IPSec tunnels. Strongswan
- Support development teams.
- Feel comfortable working with containers
- Manage our Kubernetes-based cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of databases in high availability.
What we are looking for
3 years working with cloud platforms, AWS, Gcloud, or Azure
- Experience working with CI / CD automating deploys.
- Experience in IPSec tunnels and routing.
- Have knowledge of Kubernetes and containers.
- Know monitoring/logging tools, Prometheus, Loki, Grafana, etc.
- Use code management tools like GitHub and GitLab.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Ansible.
What we offer
- Full-time permanent contract.
- Gross annual wage: 40.000-45.000€.
- Company profit-sharing scheme.
- Flexible schedule, with the possibility of home office.
- A warm, transparent and supportive team, with a huge emphasis on work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make your mark in e-health and AI.
IOMED is a technological company of software development. It was launched in 2016, funded by local and international ventures.
We are passionate and talented young professionals, from all around Spain and the world (It couldn’t be any other way, as we’re based in beautiful and bright Barcelona). Our “dream team” is made up of mathematicians, statisticians, bioinformaticians, and physicians.
We are looking for people who are eager to innovate and be part of a project with an impact on the healthcare industry, enjoying what we do, team-work, and taking on new challenges.
IOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, dynamic people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
What we do
Nowadays, around 50% of Clinical Trials are delayed due to patient recruitment, since patient data collection is performed in a manual fashion. As a result, clinical research is highly inefficient both in time and cost, taking years and billions of dollars to develop a new drug.
This problem could be solved through Real World Data, i.e. derived from Electronic health records (EHR). But unfortunately, up to 85% of existing clinical data is unstructured, i.e. in plain text. This also leads, in part, to the existence of data silos, making it impossible to aggregate data from different hospitals.
IOMED has found the solution to this situation, making it possible to take advantage of the full value of clinical Real World Data. We developed a tool that extracts the necessary data from clinical texts, which results in a structured, standardized, and interoperable database that contains the complete clinical information from hospitals.
By this means, non-reusable information is transformed into data available for Clinical Research, allowing an enormous increase in criteria-compliant patients and a reduction of total time and manual labor devoted to this task.