Lead Frontend Web Developer
Barcelona - Data Engineer - Full time
About the position
We’re looking for a React Developer to join our Data Engineering team. IOMED’s products consist of an integrated suite of tools that dramatically simplify the process of clinical research, by structuring clinical data and providing unified and standardized access to it. This role involves developing new functionality, solving issues, improving the stability and administration of our React-based frontend applications.
- Write scalable, maintainable, testable, and clean code.
- Have proven skills developing software, and be comfortable following software development best practices to create reusable and extendable code.
- Be familiar with agile methodologies and version control systems (Git).
- Write clean, maintainable code, and love working on interesting problems with a passion for building products that will be used every day.
- Consume REST or GraphQL endpoints
- Strong UX skills and an eye for design.
- Experience using Figma (or other similar design tools).
- Experience with Unit Testing, Functional Testing, and/or Integration Testing.
- Consuming from relational databases and writing SQL.
As for personality, we are looking for someone who knows how to work well in a team, who can teach and learn from others, and maintain fluid communications about the tasks being carried out with technical and non-technical team members.
Things You Might Do
It is important that you feel comfortable adapting and supporting the rest of the team. However, you can expect:
- Design and develop applications using React/Redux.
- Development and maintenance of the core front end framework.
- Develop new user-facing features and components.
- Connect our backend APIs into reusable components and libraries.
- Support the existing environment, including administration, design, documentation, and troubleshooting of the infrastructure and code.
- Work closely with the other developers and team in a Gitlab based collaborative software development environment
What we offer
- Full-time permanent contract.
- Competitive salary: 55.000€
- Performance bonus.
- Flexible schedule, with the possibility of home office once a week.
- A warm, transparent, and supportive team, with a huge emphasis on work-life balance.
- The opportunity to make your mark in e-health and AI.
IOMED is a technological company of software development. It was launched in 2016, funded by local and international ventures.
We are passionate and talented young professionals, from all around Spain and the world (It couldn’t be any other way, as we’re based in beautiful and bright Barcelona). Our “dream team” is made up of mathematicians, statisticians, bioinformaticians, and physicians.
We are looking for people who are eager to innovate and be part of a project with an impact on the healthcare industry, enjoying what we do, team-work, and taking on new challenges.
IOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, dynamic people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
What we do
Nowadays, around 50% of Clinical Trials are delayed due to patient recruitment, since patient data collection is performed in a manual fashion. As a result, clinical research is highly inefficient both in time and cost, taking years and billions of dollars to develop a new drug.
This problem could be solved through Real World Data, i.e. derived from Electronic health records (EHR). But unfortunately, up to 85% of existing clinical data is unstructured, i.e. in plain text. This also leads, in part, to the existence of data silos, making it impossible to aggregate data from different hospitals.
IOMED has found the solution to this situation, making it possible to take advantage of the full value of clinical Real World Data. We developed a tool that extracts the necessary data from clinical texts, which results in a structured, standardized, and interoperable database that contains the complete clinical information from hospitals.
By this means, non-reusable information is transformed into data available for Clinical Research, allowing an enormous increase in criteria-compliant patients and a reduction of total time and manual labor devoted to this task.