Sales Manager Pharma & CRO
Barcelona - Business - Full time
About the job
This role will be in the center of IOMED’s future exponential growth.
As Sales Manager, your key responsibility is to develop IOMED’s business in Spain. Your role will be to contact clients in the Pharmaceutical Industry and develop and sell projects ranging from Observational Studies, Clinical Trials, Feasibility Studies and any other use case that can profit from our technology. Moreover, you will also present our new product, COMPASS, to our customers.
Laterally, we expect you to participate in strategic product developments, such as line extensions, new product developments and product enhancements.
This role will directly report to the CEO.
What we are looking for
- Sales Experience, selling research projects or technology to the Pharmaceutical Industry. Stemming from CROs is a plus.
- Alternatively, experience in Clinical Operations, Medical Advisory or equivalent relevant positions in the Pharma Industry itself.
- More than 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Extensive network of contacts in the Spanish Industry.
- Eagerness to explore new opportunities in a growing startup.
Things you might do
IOMED is a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and supporting the rest of the teams However, you can definitely expect to:
- Co-Design the national sales strategy.
- Engage Pharmaceutical Companies and perform pre-sales and sales activity.
- Supervise and develop the different steps in the sales process.
- Maintain a solid, two-way relationship with each client.
- Place IOMED as a solid reference in the market.
- Publicly appear on the company’s behalf for communication and PR purposes.
- Report to the top management of the company.
Things we expect
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
- Degree in Business Administration, STEM or equivalent education.
- Postgraduate degrees are a plus.
- More than two years of sales management experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry, particularly related to research projects or technology.
- Professional level in Microsoft Office or equivalents.
- Quick learning skills and adaptation.
- Proactivity and independence on day to day work.
- Willingness to work in a small, rapidly changing organization.
- Strong business results orientation.
- Willingness to frequently travel, usually within Spain.
What we offer
- Full time contract
- Salary: 25.000 € fixed salary + cash bonus of up to 15.000€ a year.
- Profit sharing scheme.
- Flexi-time schedule, with possibility of home office.
- A warm, transparent and supportive team, with huge emphasis on work-life balance.
- Most days, lunch together in our sunny terrace.
IOMED is a technological company of software development. It was launched in 2016, funded by local and international ventures.
We are passionate and talented professionals, from all around Spain and the world. Our “dream team” is made up by statisticians, bioinformaticians, business people and physicians.
As a startup, we are looking for people who are eager to innovate and be part of a project with impact on the healthcare industry, enjoying what we do, team-work and taking on new challenges.
IOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, dynamic people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical disability, or age.
What we do
Nowadays, around 50% of Clinical Trials are delayed due to patient recruitment, since patient data collection is performed in a manual fashion. As a result, clinical research is highly inefficient both in time and cost, taking years and billions of dollars to develop a new drug.
This problem could be solved through Real World Data, i.e. derived from Electronic health records (EHR). But unfortunately up to 85% of existing clinical data is unstructured, i.e. in plain text. This also leads, in part, to the existence of data silos, making it impossible to aggregate data from different hospitals.
IOMED has found the solution to this situation, making it possible to take advantage of full value of clinical Real World Data. We developed a tool that extracts the necessary data from clinical texts, which results in a structured, standardized and interoperable database that contains the complete clinical information from hospitals.
By this means, non-reusable information is transformed into data available for Clinical Research, allowing an enormous increase in criteria-compliant patients and a reduction of total time and manual labor devoted to this task.